Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A challenge to you!

Hola family and friends,

I am first going to apologize because there have been no pictures in the last 6 weeks. Yes, that is true, and yes I am at the library and it is counting down from 45 minutes to 0 and it is stressful! hahaha I am really sorry though. I have been taking a lot so I will make sure and get them to you! 

We have a new investigator! Her name is Ivonne Pena. She actually doesn't live in our area or our ward. A little bit of drama is going down while we figure out what will be best for her. She can only attend church at 9:30 (our ward) because of work. but she lives in the boundaries of the 1:30pm church. This is the drama that we go through here on the mish. :) 

This past Monday I broke down in district meeting because I realized that I only have about 6 months left in my mission. CRAZY! To all you pre-missionaries reading this, treasure every single day of your mission! and write it down in your journal. :) 


We had an awesome lesson with a young woman this week. Her brother past away about 2 weeks ago, and she had just come back from the funeral in Kansas City. She asked us to bring the elders so she could get a blessing. We talked to Elder Jensen and Elder Wilkins and they said they could. When we got to her apartment it was Elder Wilkins and Elder Price. They had gone on a split! And it was un milagro! (miracle) As she started talking about how she felt having lost her brother, my mind went right to elder Price who lost his mother to breast cancer 2 years ago. He was able to give her the comfort that she needed and it was truly so amazing to feel the spirit in that room. We are having a youth temple trip on the 24th and she is really excited to go and feel the spirit of the temple! 


Elder Price
Last night we met with Sulenny! She is just really awesome. She is 17 and was baptized a year ago. We have been working a lot on my companions Spanish, and so Sulenny made her teach the plan of Salvation to her in Spanish! It was so much fun. Just to talk about life and spanish and the gospel. 

I love my mission! I am so so so blessed for everyday I get to spend here. I love the BX. The Bronx is so much fun! I never ever in my dreams could have pictured me walking around the streets here but i do it every day. :) 

We are having transfers next week! I honestly don't know what will happen. I am just going to be happy. :) 

Oh yeah!! I want to challenge all of you to something amazing!!! We have the evidence of the restoration in our hands! The Book of Mormon! I challenge all of you to have read the Book of Mormon by January. I KNOW it will bless your lives. All aspects of life. I have seen in the lives of the people here, and so it can't be any different in Utah or where ever else you are. READ THE BOOK OF MORMON AS A FAMILY! And read it by yourself for your own personal revelation. 



I love you all!! Have an amazing week! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment