Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Every Effort Counts




Hello!!

Well it has officially been 6 weeks since I have arrived in the Bronx. I really do love it here, and I really love my companion (Hermana Skinner.) Today at Transfers, Elder Wilsher, from my last area (Inwood,) was called to be the new AP here in the Bronx! He will be amazing. I am staying here is the Bronx with Hermana Skinner.

This past week has been hard because we are having a lot of changes happening in our zone. It is hard to have friends leave, but hey, the life of a missionary. Elder Lartey, our zone leader is going up to Newport, Conn., Elder Zazueta is going to the other side of the bronx to be a zone leader! Elder Richards is going up state to Yorktown to be a zone leader! We were all really close, but we are really excited to be making new friends. 

This last Sunday we went to a members house for dinner. The ones we helped move the last week. They live on the 25th floor and you can see SOO much of NYC! I will post pictures next week (forgot my camera cord again). 

We continue to work with the less actives. Every effort counts. President Morgan told us a story at transfers today about a set of missionaries here who have continually been helping a less active member get to her medical visits for the past year. Over this amount of time, their service to her has been what has helped her to come to church, not just their teaching. It is so important to always show love. ALWAYS! 


I hope that you all enjoy the weather! This weekend is supposed to be in the 90's and I am scared! We will keep working hard though. Last week we got caught in a huge rain storm! and unfortunately, my watch is now waterlogged.
:(((( hahaha the story of a missionaries life. 

I love you all so much. I hope that this week you will pray about what Heavenly Father has in store for you. He loves you and has a plan better than you could even imagine. You just have to put your faith in Him. 

que les vayan bien! 

con mucho amor, hermana lancaster
p.s. We caught 3 rats in our apartment last cycle! Crazy and nast!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment