Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!




Hello everyone!! 

Happy Mother's Day!! Happy Mother's day to my own mother and to all of you aunts and friends who have helped me learn and grow and become the person that I am today. I am forever grateful for your loving hearts and your guiding advice. THANK YOU!!

This past week flew. Just like all of them. We only have 2 weeks until our next transfer! 

Thursday, I was down and out. I was sick and am still recuperating. Not fun mixed with missionary work but hey, LIFE MUCH! :) 

Saturday was my District Leader, Elder Richards birthday. He just turned 20 but looks like he is about 23. He is 6' 3'' and is a wall! He is planning on playing football for BYU when he gets home. He seriously is the most amazing missionary. He has the biggest heart and knows his purpose here. He is a great example. 

We went out to Dallas BBQ on Saturday with the district and our ward mission leader. 

On Sunday it was my companion Sister Skinner's birthday!! And Mother's day! She said she couldn't have asked for a better present than to talk with her momma. We had dinner at the Tifa's. I was sick with a headache and didn't feel well all day, but we got a taxi ride home. (Sister Tifa is a taxi driver in Manhattan!)


It was SO amazing to talk with my family! At first the Skype wasn't working and I was getting really frustrated, but I did get to see their beautiful faces and hear their voices. Now I just have to hold off till Christmas. I can do it right? 

Monday and Tuesday have both just flown by. We leave our house at 1 and get home at 9. Our days are full of appointments and when we get home, we CRASH. Well I crash, those of you who know me know that I tire easily. ;) 

The work is seriously amazing. I am so blessed to be having this experience. I am learning and growing and helping others to do the same. 

For my personal study today I read a Conference Talk that really hit the nail on the head at what I want to take away from this experience. 


LOVE IT. I invite you all to read it and pray to find out in what way you can consecrate your life to the Lord. :) 

LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for your prayers and support. I feel them! I pray for you all as well. :) 

Have an amazing week! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment