Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Halloween & a week of play by play

Heyyy!! 

Transfers is next week. yeahhh these past 6 weeks started off a little rough but now, they are flying right by. In all reality, I have no idea what will happen this next cycle. I thought for sure I would be out of this area by now! And now I don't want to leave it! My mother pointed out to me that I am in my last 3 months. CRAZY! I really can't believe it! It has been such and amazing amazing experience here. I love it! 

Thursday was Halloween!! I hope ya'll had fun! Here in the BX we go from shop to shop getting candy en vez de going door to door. And you are in by 7:30 because after 7:30, you don't want to be outside. Our president told us we were to be in by 5pm. I am pretty sure we weren't a minute late. We bought some oreos and listened to Lindsay Sterlings new album. It was a pretty chill night. That morning we went to a training meeting for Hermana Dodson. She is awesome. We all had lunch and talked about the Doctrine of Christ, how to teach with folletos (pamphlets)  and then the good ol' "Lock your Heart" talk. :) 

Friday we met with Hna. Willis from Connecticut! She came bearing good tidings of great groceries, and that was so amazing. We also met with our investigator Candy! She is so sweet! It really is amazing to watch the process of an investigator gaining light and knowledge, and feeling the Holy Ghost testifying! 

Saturday I got to go on a split with Hermana Stringam from Kingsbridge Spanish district. She is a sister training leader! I stayed in my area and Sister Dodson went with Sister Cole to their area. We went over to visit some less actives and actually got an amazing investigator lesson with a member present! Holla!! Then we went for some Wendy's frosty's to celebrate. :) 

Sunday was a great Fast Sunday. In our ward, after Sacrament, before they start testimonies, the members all rush up to the front to have the opportunity to bear their testimony. There is never a silence! That night we went out and tried to visit 5 members. 4 were home, and we had 3 lessons. It was legit. Heavenly Father definitely is leading and guiding us! 

Monday we went to visit some part member families. We are really working hard with them because they have an instant friend! We love going and visiting them and it is amazing to see them come into the fold or return and keep their covenants. 

Yesterday we went out with Jahaira after helping the new senior couple move into the McNairy's old pad. They are going to be in the English ward. :( They are the Powell's and they are from Las Vegas, Nevada. We went to Sulenny's with Jahaira and had a great lesson with them. I love these youth! They make me feel like this is the reason I am here. I just want to help them to get to their full potential so bad! We are going to really focus on the temple with them, as well as family history work, baptisms for the dead, worthiness, and eventually endowment and sealing in the temple! I LOVE IT! 

We shared an amazing talk with them from April 2012 Young Womens General Broadcast, Seek Learning, you have work to do   So good! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for all you do for me! I can feel the power of your prayers! Have an amazing week! Remember to put your armor on EVERYDAY! 

Love you!! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment