Thursday, November 1, 2012


Hello familia! 

I can hardly believe that it is time to say goodbye to the MTC. At this time next week, I will be in NYC. I cannot even believe it!!! I am so thankful for this time at the MTC to be able to learn and grow closer to my savior and really figure out why I am here on a mission. 

This last week was full of great devotionals and inspirational talks with our teacher. On Sunday, we had Sister Stevens from the primary general presidency. She was awesome and we got to talk with her a little afterwards. She talked about how we are literally doing what the savior would be doing if he were on the earth today. Then we had Elder Don Clarke as the devotional speaker that night. He spoke to us about helping others. Not just like helping them service wise but helping them love the Book of Mormon and helping them keep their commitments. It was really good and helped me understand more the term "missionary work." 

But, speaking of helping people by serving, we haven't heard anything directly from our mission president to us but we are assuming that when we reach NY we will be doing A LOT of service. Which I am actually way pumped for! we will be able to share the experience of bringing people together, and helping members and potential investigators. It is so amazing how a devastation like this can really humble people and help them to come to an awareness of how much they need God! I'M SO EXCITED!
So, speaking of leaving, I will be reporting to the travel office at the MTC at 4 am on Tuesday morning. We will probably leave the MTC at 4:30 then arrive at the airport at 5:30. Then check in will be like 30-60 min then we will get to our gate.  I will be calling you all, probably on dad's cell phone, at 6:30. our plane leaves at 7:20. Then I was thinking that I would call Allie when we got to Detroit around 10. I know she will be in school but hey, I'm her sister!!! Let me know before Tuesday what you want to do. :) I'M PRETTY EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU ALL!

I want you all to read about the stripling warriors for D, Jake, and E! I sent them those shirts and I hope they understand what great men they were. I hope they know that as they serve a mission and even prepare they are preparing and becoming like those stripling warriors who fought with the power of God!!

I love you all and I am so excited to talk to you all on Tuesday!! amor, paz, y bendiciones!

con amor,

Hermana Lancaster 

No comments:

Post a Comment