Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weekly Letter of Wonderfulness!


Hello Dear Ones!

This past week has been COLD!! I cannot believe how cold it has gotten! I just am thankful it isn't summer yet. I am still trying to decide how I am going to be able to do that. The cold I can bear, I can always put more layers on but the heat, that's a different story. 

We have a baptism on Saturday! His name is Dionisio and he is from the DR. He is ready and it will be great. 

We also have a baptism date for Melissa!  She is 12 and has been coming to church with her Godfather for a while. When we found out that her parents said it was okay for her to be baptized we were SO happy. And she is so happy too! When I asked her if she wanted it to be sooner or later she said as soon as possible! Haha we love her so much. Her date is Feb 2. 
We have been going to a part member families house for a little while now to help with BYU applications! Sherley is the only member in her family and is graduating this year. She is so amazing. When the missionaries started teaching her she fell in love with it. She is such a great example to her family as well. She lives with her mom and her sister. While Hermana Rogers helps her with her applications I play guitar with her sister and we may or may not listen to One Direction...:) I am hoping that as we are able to form this friendship we can start talking about gospel stuff. Sherley's mom and sister come with her to church every week but only stay for sacrament meeting. So we are really hoping we can help them! 

Friday we had a training meeting. It was great! It was basically what was said in the sisters conference but modified for everyone. We talked a lot about the characteristics of leaders, and how in our mission calls we are ALL called to be leaders. It was awesome! Then we broke up into elders and sisters and new missionaries. Haha it was so great to go and talk with President Morgan and Sister Morgan. They asked us how we were doing and what things were the easiest or the best and which things were the hardest. I said that the best thing is when someone sets a baptism date. Not only are they showing their faith in the Lord and desire to follow Him, but that means that we as missionaries are doing the right things. We are teaching with the spirit and meeting their needs. The hardest thing is definitely getting adjusted to missionary life. It is SO different from the life I lived before this. But it is definitely a change for the better. 

This Sunday we had dinner as a district at the church! We made spaghetti and garlic bread. It was so fun! We were playing around in the kitchen and it was a blast. I love that we all get along so well together! 

Yesterday was Hermana Rogers birthday! It is her golden year as well! She turned 22 on the 22nd! She got a package from a Young Women's leader she had with all "golden" things in it! It was so cute! I made her favorite cake, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. 

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! I haven't been taking very many pictures lately, mostly because it is so cold! But I will try and take more! I love you all so so so much and I think about you all the time! Oh, I forgot one thing!...... 
This next week is TRANSFERS! So, I may be writing from a new place next week. We will receive a call on Sunday that will tell us what is going on and then we have till Wednesday to get all of our stuff packed to move! Moving in the city is hard!! Mostly because we have to use the Subway and buses and the bags are heavy and there are a lot of stairs. But luckily we have an awesome member that takes us to the chapel in the Bronx if we are moving. But then we have to go the rest of the way by ourselves. It is fun. but is it tough work too. 

So last Sunday I saw a guy in the English ward and I was like, "he looks really familiar." Turns out, he is from Springville! He just got an internship here and they go to our same building. His name is Jason Freeman I believe. His brother Ryan Freeman was in my class and they live right by Grandma and Grandpa! I'm pretty sure they are their home teachers! How crazy is that? 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment