Wednesday, January 2, 2013

9/11 Memorial and New Years Resolutions


Hollllla Familia! 
Ashley in her Christmas PJ's from Grandma Strong
So this last week has been pretty crazy. We have been busy with lots of dinners with members. 
On New Years Eve we went to have smoothies at a member's house at 5, then we had to be in at 6 because, well, that is the rule. So Sister Rogers and I ordered pizza and had a blast listening to pride and prejudice and coloring in coloring books. :) haha but really that is what we did. Meanwhile, little did we know, the Elders pulled a prank on us. I will send pictures. Luckily we outsmarted the prank and no one and nothing got hurt. :) 
"The New Years Eve Prank"
It was good to see the pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Lancaster that dad sent! Tell them hello for me! When grandma and grandpa Strong get their call let me know ASAP! 


Ashley and Hermana Rogers 
Today was P-day and we got back a little late but guess what we did!? We went to the temple, and then to the 9/11 memorial. It was AMAZING! The temple is always amazing. And so beautiful. Then to get to go to the 9/11 memorial. It was just like, I can't even describe the feeling there. Somber and just calm and like, sacred? I don't know but it was a feeling I had never felt before. 
9/11 Memorial






South Manhattan Freedom Tower 
This Saturday we, as a mission, are going down for one last clean up to the Rockaways. It is going to be FREEEEEZING but it will be a good way to start off the year. 

So as for New Years resolutions, you all better be thinking of some! Because I have 2 that I am really going to work hard at. 1st, bear my testimony more. Not only will I be speaking truth so that the Spirit can testify of the truth but I will be growing my testimony and gaining spiritual strength! That's what I'm talking about! Then 2nd is more of a me thing, I will eat better and work out. it will rock. I WILL ROCK. :) 
Ashley already rockin it in NYC!

 I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!!!

Love, Hermana Lancaster  

Yankee Stadium



?????

Christmas in the City 2012
Ashley in the Subway
Grand Central Station

On their way to the 9/11 Memorial
Elders heating water to fill the baptismal font...Seriously!
Elder Wilsher at the 9/11 Memorial









No comments:

Post a Comment