Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Moving forward


HELLLO! 

I am happy to say that we are not suffering to badly with the weather here. It is usually 30-40 degrees but sometimes, with the sunshine, we get to like 45-50. So really it is awesome. It doesn't feel like winter at all! 

So first and foremost, I want to wish my little sister a HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY! It is her golden year! 18 on the 18th! How awesome!! 

So this last week has been kind of uneventful I am sorry to say. We have been working hard to get less actives back to church! and  actually, in this last week did get 6 new investigators!! That is pretty awesome! 

Also, we had a sisters conference this last Thursday! All of us sisters in the NY NY North Mission got together and had a nice conference. Mostly because within these next few months we will be doubled in number and all of us will begin training! Scary!! We received the "Lock your heart" talk by President Kimball. For those of you who aren't sure what that talk is about, well, lets just say we were scolded. We were told to lock our heart of the things from the world and focus on the things of Christ. We were also told not to text, or flirt with elders..hahah yeahh.. apparently we have been having some problems with that. Not with me I can promise you! (I know this type of thing would bother Ashley if she saw it happening!!!) But since we are going to be the trainers to 19 year old sisters along with 19 year old elders, we have to teach them these things quick. Because, mission goggles are real. 

So I totally had a guy give me his number, well e-mail. He slipped it into my bag! HAHAHA He goes to NYU and his name is Akiva. We made eye contact a few times on the train, and he ended up next to me on a sardined train and looky what happened, I have his e-mail. The note said, Keep in touch hermana! hahahaha oh heavens it was funny. 

We have a training conference this Friday down at the temple chapel which is always fun to travel to! We are all really excited for the influx of new missionaries! It will be so crazy! 

Well I love you all and I hope that you guys have a wonderful week!! If any of you guys have any questions feel free to e-mail me and ask! I would love to hear them!! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

Spiritual Upliftment Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment