Thursday, March 21, 2013

A day late, but not a dollar short!

Helllllllllllloo. 

Good week everyone good week. 

On Thursday my companion took a shower and the water wouldn't go down..that was bad. We called up the super and he came in with the snake.. hahah yeah I guess being girls we have a lot of hair and he pulled out what looked like a small creature. hahaha yeah funnnnnny. 

We have been reading the Book of Mormon with one of our recent converts and she is getting the gospel! She was evangelical before, for those of you who have served missions I think you will understand where I'm coming from. She can't see very well so we come over and read a chapter with her every week. She is totally gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon right before our eyes! It is wonderful! 

We had a party for the birthday of the Sociadad de Socorro this past Saturday. It was so fun! Haha my companion and I were notified that we would be singing a song 20 minutes before the party started. :) oh the perks of being a missionary. Unfortunately, I am a tad bit sick at the moment and I haven't had a good voice for the past week. But it turned out very well. We had a kind of karaoke after that and all the ladies started to get up and sing there favorite Spanish christian songs. It was a site to see! 

I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday! It was my first talk in Spanish. They all know that my Spanish is, todavia mejorando, entonces, hahaha luckily it was about the Restoration and I talk about that daily. It went pretty good! 

Monday night we celebrated St. Patrick's day with a senior couple! Elder and sister Wheelwright are so kind. They made us corned beef and cabbage. hahahaha it was surprisingly really good! And now I can say that I have eaten corned beef and cabbage. :) 

P-day was so wonderful! We went to a session at the temple and it was wonderful! Such an amazing experience. After that, 8 of us missionaries went to the waffle cart outside of the temple for lunch. It is kinda pricey and I had been saving my pennies for a while to go. All of the sudden a lady walked up to us and was like "oh missionaries, my treat!" It was an amazing member and she treated all of us to lunch! She even has a mormon.org profile video! Her name is Sister Glass and she is from Long Island. 

check her out here: http://mormon.org/kristy

After lunch, we went to visit a member who dances at Julliard! HOLLLA WE WENT TO JULLIARD! I have an amazing picture of the temple from the dance room but, unfortunately I left my camera cord at home so next week, I WILL SHOW YOU! It felt so good to be back in a dance studio! 

I like my new hair! I got bangs! hahaha yeahhhh kinda crazy. but hey. it's just hair. 

I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all so much! Thank you so much for your wonderful letters and love you send!! 

Love you!! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster


No comments:

Post a Comment