Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Exciting News!

EXCITING NEWS!! 

First, I hit my 6 month mark!! Yesterday I woke up to beautiful signs from Hermana Rogers reminding me that I have been serving the Lord for 6 months now!! Time has seriously FLOWN by. I hope that I can keep up! 

Second, NEW COMPANION! My new companion Hermana Mytch Evangelista! She is so beautiful and has an awesome Aussie accent! I hope that I can now develop this coveted accent. :) This is her first time in the city so I am excited to get to show her around!!

Hermana Evangelista
(Go to http://mormon.org/me/4w98 to read her Mormon.org profile. She is a convert and has an interesting story!)

This last week has been kinda rough with Hermana Rogers leaving. We visited a lot of members and have shed a few tears. But she knows this is what she needs to do at this point in time. I am so happy for her to be going on with real life! 

Goodbye Hermana Rogers! Ashley's family loves you too!
So this last Friday we had an Area Proselyting Focus in Harlem! I was with Hermana Lavaki. She is from Tonga and she is so awesome! We knocked 2 buildings and I was able to use my awesome Spanish skills! She is in the YSA Harlem ward and also the English program so it was fun to work with both English and Spanish speakers. :) 

WE HAD A BAPTISM SATURDAY! Sonia was baptized and it was lovely! She is so awesome and we are so happy to have been able to teach her. 


Sister Richardson, my companion from the MTC, is white-wash (which means opening up a new area) training in Monticello! (Which is in between Manhattan and Albany) This is the first set of Spanish sisters they have ever had! 

Also, the New York New York North Mission has received the most missionaries in one transfer EVER in the history of missionary work! We received 40 new missionaries this transfer. 40!!!!! That is like, more than one whole mission has total in a lot of missions in the world. THAT'S A LOT!!! And, next transfer, we will be receiving 32. more. like. A LOT. YAY FOR MISSIONARY WORK! 

I wish you all a lot of love! I hope that I will be able to have pictures this next e-mail!! I hope I find my camera soon! (She thinks she left it at a members or investigators house) I love you all so so much! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster 

No comments:

Post a Comment