Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Greetings from the Bronx


(Side note: The Bronx is the only New York City borough with a Hispanic majority. At the 2010 Census, 53.5% of Bronx's population was of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin (they may be of any race). At the 2009 American Community Survey, Puerto Ricans represented 23.2% of the borough's population, Mexicans made 5.2%. In 2005, more than 200,000 Dominicans called the Bronx home, and in 2000 Dominicans made 14.5% of the Bronx population.)

WHAT UP FROM THE BRONX! 

I am now serving in the Bronx with Hermana Skinner who is from Seattle, Washington. She has only been here for 6 weeks! She is SO cute and I am very excited to be serving with her!! 


(I found a picture of Hermana Skinner on another sister missionary's blog.
She's the one in the middle with the glasses.)
We are going to be working in the Concourse Spanish Ward here at the Kingsbridge chapel. 

Back in Inwood, we are going to be having a baptism on Saturday!! I can't even believe I will miss it! But it will be so so great. Carmen is the best investigator I have had so far! I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to teach her. 

It keeps getting hotter and hotter! I can't even believe it! I wish that I could be in Antarctica!! I am not a fan of the heat. But, we shall endure! 

It is honestly so crazy to be changing everything. We received 18 new sister missionaries today and 33 total. We have already doubled the number of sisters in the mission since I got here! We have opened about 7 new areas since I got here! So crazy! I can't even believe 7 months have gone by. It is so so so crazy!! 

I don't have any pictures right now but I will get them for you soon! Next week for sure. 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and all the love that you send this way. I know that your prayers help me get through. I love ya'll!! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment