Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hello from sunny NYC!

Hello from sunny NYC! 





It has been so crazy this past week!! It started in the 40's then the past 2 days it has been in the 70's! it is so crazy! I packed up my winter coat! I am a little scared to be hot and sweaty all the time but I know it will all be well. 

This past week we have been working with a recent convert to help her start the work for her mother who passed away 7 years ago. She is going to go to the temple tomorrow to do the baptism and confirmation for her mother! We are so excited for her!! She also has asked me and my companion to do the other temple work for her. :) I consider it a huge privilege! 

General Conference was the BOMB! I loved it so so so much. The talks that really stood out to me were the Prophets talk about obedience and then Elder Falabella's talk on Sunday afternoon. I loved the talk about obedience because it really opened my eyes to how much more happy we will be if we keep the commandments. I love it. I am sad that I haven't given eye to this sooner in my life, like in my teenage years. When our parents set rules we are to follow them because we have faith that they are going to love and protect us. When we keep those rules, like be home at 10:30, then we are opening the door to greater privileges. 

We also have been given orders from our mission president to clean up the area "book," and review all of the progress of the area....like we were both going to be getting transferred! Luckily, we have already been working on this since sister e got here!! I feel so good about it now. That if I do leave, the area is in good hands and they know what to do. 

I love this area of Inwood so so so much! It is for sure going to be my favorite area on my mission. ;) 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

I posted some pictures from conference and the last week. 

Yes, a bird pooped on me

Ashley with Hermana's Campbell and Evangelista
AP Elder Hutchins

Ashley and Hermana Campbell

Ashley and Hermana Lavaki

No comments:

Post a Comment