Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New area challenges and blessings

Hello from the BX! 

I hope you all had a wonderful week!! This last week for me has been exciting!! We have a lot of area to cover! All is well here. The Bronx is well, the Bronx. My comp said that basically it feels like there are drug deals being done all around us. (hahhaha not even kidding.) 

 
Ashley and Hermana Skinner taking a picture with the camera in the computer at the public library

My new companion is Sister Skinner and she is BOSS. She is such a great missionary! She has only been here for 6 weeks but I feel like she has been here 6 months! Her drive to do the work is awesome! She is also so fashionable! hahahaha We get along great.

We have been visiting a lot of less actives and members trying to get to know the area better. My last area, Inwood was about 15 blocks. My new area is about 50 blocks. And the way things are laid out is completely different than Manhattan!  We don't live in our area, so when we leave at 2 we don't go home until 9. 


Today we went to the temple and it was so wonderful! I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to have a temple so close to us. We are truly blessed!! 

Something happened that I never thought would; someone asked me where I was from!!! THEY THOUGHT I SPOKE SPANISH NATIVLEY! Dreams do come true!! Everyone says I sound like I'm from Spain. I also never really thought I would be the companion that knew more spanish than the other. LEGITTTTT...this is insane. 

A scripture that we have been sharing with quite a bit of investigators is 2 Nephi 31:20. Which is one of my favorites. I love how it says, a perfect brightness of HOPE. Hope is what leads to faith, which leads to repentance, which leads to baptism, which leads to receiving the Holy Ghost, which leads to eternal life. LOVE IT! That's life. I love the scriptures so much. They are such good teachers in helping us understand what we are doing here. Especially the Book of Mormon. :) 

I hope all of you have a great week!! Love you lots!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment