Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Life of a Missionary in The Bronx

Hello ya'll! This past week has, yet again, flown by. 

This past Friday we met with our investigator Luis. He sat wide-eyed as we told him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and why it is important to be baptized and then after that, to come to church to take the sacrament. Then he started asking about the temple trip on Saturday and if he could go, we were like, "as soon as you're baptized you can go!" So he said, "okay well I want to be baptized next month." LEGIT! We just want to help guide him. We still have a bit to teach him but he seems willing and ready. 
Saturday we went with the ward to do baptisms for the dead! We went there and saw a missionary celebrity! Her name is Sister Jen Blosil and she is serving in the New York, New York South mission. She sings a song on an EFY CD called 'Take it Home'. It is beautiful. She was like, you're from Springville? Well we have to be best friends! hahah she was so cute and needless to say, we clicked and will be besties! hahahaha listen to the song here:


Sunday was kind of crazy. On Saturday, I was asked to give a talk about family home evening. (mom i know what your thinking) So I mostly talked about the responsibilities that we have as family members to each set our own example and find our own personal desire to come unto Christ. If we don't want to personally, then how are we supposed to help our parents, siblings, friends, etc. :) 

Monday we went out and had about 7 lessons planned for the day. 3 happened and one of them was a back up to a back up plan. Oh the life of a missionary in the Bronx! Like I always say, we have a lot of less actives so whenever an appointment falls through, it is contacting them. But it ended up being a great hardworking day. 

Tuesday we went to visit Leslie (recent convert) and her little sister Lyandra who will be turning 8 in September. She has learned a lot from coming to primary and has a lot of questions. She is actually pretty interested in God and in coming to church. Her 4 year old brother was in the background saying, "Church is boring." Hahahha made me think of my brothers and how often they said that. REPENT! hahah just kidding. I really have always loved church and the way it makes me feel. And how it makes me feel for the rest of the week! 

I invite you all to read the words of my new favorite sacrament reading hymn. 


Reverently, Meekly Now #185



1. Rev'rently and Meekly now,
Let thy head most humbly bow.
Think of me, thou ransomed one;
Think what I for thee have done.
With my blood that dripped like rain,
Sweat in agony of pain,
With my body on the tree
I have ransomed even thee.
2. In this bread now blest for thee,
Emblem of my body see;
In this water or this wine,
Emblem of my blood divine.
Oh, remember what was done
That the sinner might be won.
On the cross of Calvary
I have suffered death for thee.
3. Bid thine heart all strife to cease;
With thy brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be
E'en forgiven now by me.
In the solemn faith of prayer
Cast upon me all thy care,
And my Spirit's grace shall be
Like a fountain unto thee.
4. At the throne I intercede;
For thee ever do I plead.
I have loved thee as thy friend,
With a love that cannot end.
Be obedient, I implore,
Prayerful, watchful evermore,
And be constant unto me,
That thy Savior I may be.
Text: Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942
Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
I love it so much. It really helps me remember why I am taking the sacrament in the first place. 

I hope you all have a fabulous week! Remember to pray and read your scriptures! 

Speaking of prayer, I have a great talk for ya'll to read! 


LOVE ELDER SCOTT!! he is a boss. 

Love you all! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster


No comments:

Post a Comment