Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Transfers Coming Soon

Hello everyone!!

This week has been pretty great! 

It has been sooooo hot. With sooooo much humidity. But, we are making it through. 

Next Wednesday are transfers, we are all excited to see what will happen! I am pretty sure I will be staying in the Bronx. 

Two Ashley's
Swollen feet at the end of the day!
This past Friday we had a great lesson with our investigator Lesli! She is 15 and told us she wants to be baptized on July 13th. She is pretty awesome!! She is coming from a pretty hard background but really loves the church and how much she is changing and becoming happier! I love it! I am so happy that I can be a part of her coming into the church. 

Saturday we had a ward party for our bishop's son who is entering the MTC today! He is going to be serving in the Colorado, Colorado Springs Spanish speaking mission. He will be a great missionary! 

Yesterday we met with Lesli again and she had some awesome questions for us about repentance and the "rules" or commandments. We talked about the Word of Wisdom and Tithing and about why baptism is necessary. She is so awesome and was like, "I can give up coffee but iced tea is going to be hard, but I can do it." She is so ready to get baptized! On Sunday she was at church with her little sister. Her parents both work on Sunday and she comes from 150th street all the way to 200th street, just her and her siblings. She is a modern day pioneer! 

I hope that everyone is having a great summer! Now is a great time to start and finish the Book of Mormon! Read it before school starts! (especially you Jake because seminary this next year is the Book of Mormon!) 

I love you all so, so much!! I am so thankful for all your letters of encouragement and love!! You guys rock!! 

Have an amazing week! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment