Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I Am Forever Changed, It Is Amazing!

Hey everyone! 

We have had an amazing week! Well parts have been amazing and some parts, not so amazing. 

Sunday and Monday I had huge headaches in the afternoons. I am hoping to be better for the rest of the week!! 

Monday, we had a member of the Seventy come and speak to us! Elder Bruce A Carlson.  IT was amazing! We were all asked to prepare a 2 minute talk about how we are becoming consecrated. I was freaked out! We started the meeting with Sister Carlson and Elder Carlson saying how happy they were to be with us, then Pres and Sister Morgan spoke to us. There were some amazing musical numbers. Elder Carlson said some amazing things that really blew my mind! We talked about so many things! 

He said that some of us are going to live to see the second coming. He is a 4 star general and said knows that because of all the unrest in the world, the end is coming soon. 

He told us the veil isn't as thick as we think it is. My comp and I were talking about how it is a "veil," not a "cinder block wall." How amazing! This is for sure something I have experienced.

Then he called on ME to bare my testimony!!!! I watched him make eye contact with me then I saw president lean over to see who he was talking about. IT WAS ME!! ahhhhhh! that was crazy. I talked about the reason I am here, and that I want to be consecrated is because of the love I have for the Savior, to follow Him. :) 


We talked a lot about life after the mission too! About how we are learning these things because we are the future leaders of the church! He said that is also a reason why they lowered the age limit. Yes the Lord is hastening his work, but he would have lost some of those souls in those frail, tender years of 18 and 19 years old who needed to be stake presidents and bishops in the future.

I know that Elder Carlson is a called servant of the Lord. It was so amazing to be with him and learn from him.

This next week will be transfers! I have had 4 amazing cycles here in the Bronx and I honestly don't know what the Lord has in store for me. It's possible that it will include a car, which I haven't driven in over a year, in up-state New York during the winter. Yikes!!! WE SHALL SEE! 

I love you all so much. You are amazing. Remember that we are here to be forever servants and disciples of our Lord. He needs us! not only for the time of our missions, but for our marriages and raising our children and working with our wards. I LOVE IT! I am forever changed. It is amazing. :) 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment