Thursday, October 4, 2012



Hola familia!
I hope all is well today! I also know that I have a lot of personal letters to write...I promise I will get to them! I can only write on Thursdays so please keep the letters coming at the usual pace and I will write back personally to them on Thursday.
This last week seems like it went by so fast! I seems I was just barely sending a letter to you! Unfortunatly, we have lost access to the sim card readers so I won't be able to upload anymore pictures. :( Sad day I know. But I will keep them for the next 4 weeks and send them when I get to NY.  
I got a shirt that says New York on it! It has the flag on it and the population and info about the state. The flag isn't as cool as I thought it was going to be but hey, IT'S NEW YORK! :)
A little about these week, I got called to be the Coordinating Sister! haha you may or may not be wondering what this is. Really it is kind of like the Relief Society president but different. All of the sisters attend Relief Society together on Sundays whether your speaking English, Russian, Cantonese, or Spanish you all go to Relief Society together and the MTC Presidents wifes are the presidency. But the Coordinating Sister is over the Zone or the ward. I go to meetings with the zone leaders on Sundays and Tuesdays then when we get new sisters I give them a little info and show them there rooms.  
Speaking of new sisters....WE GOT NEW HERMANAS!! Finally, after 5 weeks of being at the MTC we are no longer the only Hermana's in our Zone. We received 4 new Hermanas yesterday! Hermana Montoya (Guatemala), Hermana Winward (Guatemala), Hermana Scott (RN Nicuragua), Hermana Price (Guatemala). They will all be leaving us in 3 weeks for the Guatemala CCM if visa's allow but we are extremely happy to have them with us! I also got to help 4 new sisters in another zone who didn't have a Coordinating Sister. It was a busy night....but really fun!
We had another district leave. This time it was more bittersweet because we were closer to them. And one of them was such a cutie.  Elder Boazarth and Elder Coombs were our Zone Leaders when we arrived. They are so kind. Especially Elder Boazarth(his smile is to DIE FOR!). They are now serving in Ogden, Utah because their visas to Spain haven't been approved yet. Along with another Elder, Elder Miskin who has now been reassigned to the Referral Center. He was really disappointed at first but then the branch president told us how an Elder in our Zone, one of the new Zone Leaders, was actually taught by referral missionaries at the MTC a year ago and is now serving a mission! How awesome is that! I definitely believe the Lord knows His missionaries and exactly where they are.
On Tuesday we were at a workshop and we were talking about learning to speak the language. When we started it talk about the Atonement, I was trying to figure out how that appiled to speaking Spanish. But then, a train of thought, obviously not my own, began to teach me about how the Atonement is not just for repenting of sins. That Christ suffered for me to be the best that I can be. I was so overwhelmed with thanksgiving. I am sad to say that as I have read Ether 12:27 and read of his grace that I never applied it to the Atonement. I am now forever changed as I think of the Atonment if not hourly, daily and of how it effects me. Especially here at el CCM.
Spanish is coming, and I am very thankful to the Lord for His grace. I know I would never be this far if I didn't have Him to rely on. I also know I wouldn't have made it this far without your support. Thank you so much for the kind words you have sent, and the wonderful packages put together with love! I honestly can say that the love I feel from you all is pushing me onwards. I love you all so much and miss you daily but I know that the Lord is counting on me to take His message to the people who are ready for me in New York. This is why I am here and I could not be happier!
I really hope that you guys send those pictures soon though! I may or may not have forgotten what you all looked like. ;)
Yo se que Jesucristo es me redentor. Yo se que soy una hija de Dios. Yo se que Jose Smith tranducio el Libro de Mormon meidiante el poder de Dios. Estoy muy agradecida por la opertunidad tengo servir Dios y Jesucristo. Estoy agradecida por mi familia y me aman. Estoy agradecida por la Expiacion y que puedo ser limpio meidiante fe en Jesucristo. Este es mi testimonio, en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.
That may or may not be right but hey, I´m close right!!
I love you all so so so much!! Have a wonderful week! Cheer hard for the Boys for me, and also for Springville and the Cougars!!
Con Amor,
Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment