Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Changes Coming...



This last week has been pretty crazy. I don't even know where to start! Let's start on last Thursday shall we? 

Thursday we went to a members house for lunch. He just moved from the Spanish to the English ward. He made us the most amazing homemade tomato and basil soup with grilled cheese sandwiches! It was so amazing. That night we got to make papa la huancaiena! it was yummy! and very simple! If you would like it, I'll give you the recipe. :)

Friday I learned how to make another one of my favorite dishes out here! Habichuelas! Beans! Hahaha they are the most amazing beans you've ever had though! It is like really soupy and you put it over rice. IT IS SO GOOD!  We also had an amazing lesson with one of the members mother. We knew she was ready for baptism and so we straight up asked her. She said yes! And is getting baptized on Saturday! It was an amazing experience and the Spirit was really able to touch her heart, as well as ours, and help us be on the same page. 

Friday is also the day that my current companion Hermana Rogers has decided it is time to end her mission and return home for health reasons. If you would like to know more, please visit  kellyonamission.wordpress.com 




Saturday was good! We had a late Valentines day party and sang karaoke! I sang Alejate by Josh Groban. hahahahahaha everyone did tell me I had a beautiful singing voice! ;) 

Sunday we had dinner at one of our member's house. His name is Leo and he is an AMAZING cook. He is also a marine. He made us spicy wing shepards pie. Again, it was amazing!! 

Monday we had interviews with President Morgan. He is such an awesome guy and really makes you feel great about the work that you are doing. He told me that I really need to be working on being ready to train because there are so many new sisters coming in! We also found out that one of our elders who has been waiting for his visa to Brazil will be leaving Monday 4th for BRAZIL! He is very excited to be headed there. (especially with the World Cup and all...;))

Tuesday we mailed a lot of Hermana Rogers stuff home! It kind of makes me home sick just because of how excited she is to see her family, but I know that this is right where I am supposed to be. Luckily that helps ground me! We talked with Sonia, who is getting baptized, about what it means to take upon ourselves the name of Christ. It was a great lesson, and we felt the Spirit strongly testify of the power of the Atonement. 

Kelly and Ashley, cute in stripes!


Today, Wednesday, Sister Rogers went to the temple with the other departing missionaries. There are 14 elders leaving and 1 sister! hahaha I went on a split with Sisters Campbell, and Lavaki. We went down to 42nd street and went shopping! Well window shopping. Forever21 here has 4 floors so, it was like, so overwhelming!! Hahaha it was a great day! 

And I am very happy to know that I am doing the Lords work. He knows me personally and knows where I need to improve, and how I need to do it. I know as I do it, that there are going to be hard times, but I will become who the Lord needs me to be and be all the better for it. 



I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support! Have a wonderful week! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

p.s. I lost my camera. So no pictures this time! Sorry! 


No comments:

Post a Comment