Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ashley's first 911 call on her mission

Hey ya'll!!

First week with my new missionary has been quite eventful!!! 

This past friday we came home to a broken door handle. Someone decided they wanted to get into our apartment while we were gone. They didn't get in, but we did get to call 911 at 9 o'clock at night. Let's just say when you call about an "attempted break-in" in the Bronx, on a Friday night, you get pushed to low priority. The cops didn't end up coming until 4 am. I don't know but 7 hrs is a long time to answer a 911 call. hahahaha!! It was some punk kid who also tried to get in to a few other doors in our building, and of course it was Sister Dodson's first week here hahaha! (Welcome to the Bronx!) well, we now have 2 locks to lock when we are out and 3 locks to lock when we are home. 
CRAZY NIGHT!  But All is Well!!


CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME! My brain was a little jumbled from the nights before, but what I do remember was that it was so comforting. I love how much they talk about the family. Really that is why we are here, to learn to be like Him. He is our Father!! 


This video is AMAZING! It really opened my eyes to how the family is central to God's plan. When we live the Gospel, especially in families, we will have strong families. It is no longer okay to go without personal and family prayer, family home evening and scripture study. It just is too crazy out there! We have to DAILY unite as a family to strengthen one another to have success in the home. If we do not, we will fall. These are the last days...We are in perilous times. 

I am so thankful for my mission. Because of the habits and the knowledge I have learned here, I feel like my family will be forever strengthened. 

I love it. :) 

I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all so much!! 

Love, Hermana Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment